Water and Conservation

water conservation

Earth’s water is ranked in volume as follows: oceans, glaciers and ice caps, underground water, and freshwater.  Students in Mrs. Clemens’s science lab learned that very little of Earth’s water is fresh water (only 3% of the water on Earth’s surface is fresh; the remaining 97% resides in the ocean). Therefore, conservation is essential.

Students shared how they could do their part conserving water by:

  • Take a shower instead of a bath.
  • Take short showers.
  • Turn off the water when you brush your teeth; Fascinating fact:  This can save 200 gallons of water per month!
  • Reuse towels.

 

pic1





Back to School News      Print News Article